See our new Endangered Species website!
Endangered Species: Images and Natural History
Images:Image databases include thumbnail images
which link to larger images along with brief descriptions of species.
The clickable regional map shows which species are threatened and
endangered in each state.
Facts:Factsheets have information on species' appearance, range,
habitat and reason for threatened status.
- 60 Endangered Species Images
- Images from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Region 3. These images
have been published in their recent special newsletter on the
reauthorization of the Endangered Species Act.
- 8 Endangered Species Images from Optilearn
- This list of thumbnail images from Optilearn's Endangered
Species CD-ROM links to pages with larger images and factsheets about
these endangered species.
- Clickable Regional Map
- This clickable map shows which species are threatened and endangered
in each state.
- Listed Species by
- From the US Fish and Wildlife Service, this map of the United States
shows how many species have been listed as endangered in each state and
territory as of August 31, 1995.
- Endangered Species Factsheets
- With information originating mostly from the US Fish and Wildlife
Service and formatted by various organizations, these texts on individual
endangered species describe the appearance, range, habitat, reproduction,
reasons for threatened or endangered status, and efforts to preserve these
Species Management in the National Wildlife Refuge System
- Information describing the history, refuges and species of the
National Wildlife Refuge System.
Species Earth Watch Radio Scripts
- Produced by the Sea Grant Institute and the Institute for
Environmental Studies (IES) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The
complete set of scripts is on the EE-Link gopher in the "Facts and Data"
- Other places look for more natural history information on specific
Conservation Efforts, a short list of organizations working on
endangered species, sorted by group.
- Exotic, Wildlife, and
Zoo Animal Home Page of the Electronic Zoo offers
several hundred links.
Modified 30 January 1996